Monday, September 13, 2010

Thankful on Sept. 13, 2010

So thankful for passionate love!! And thankful for Johnny Cash who so fabulously describes it:

"Love, is a burning thing,
And it makes a fiery ring.
Bound by wild desire,
I fell into a ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet,
When hearts like ours meet.
I fell for you like a child.
Oh, but the fire went wild!

I fell into a burning ring of fire.
I went down, down, down and the flames went higher!
And it burns, burns, burns the ring of fire.
The ring of fire."

This week, Corbin and I celebrate our love and life together. There are so many associated blessings...but today I'm thankful for the passion. It has been a hot twenty-two years, but still the flames are going higher! Passion is our specialty, and yes, you should be jealous!

We began our celebration this weekend, at Glenwood Hot Springs. Hot springs are our favorite little get-away (we usually prefer A LOT less people and naked, at our secluded little spot in Buena Vista, but when the universe only allows you a one day vacation, you take what you can get!). We blasted Johnny all the way home, singing at the top of our lungs.

What can I say? Some like it hot. Crazy-thankful.

1 comment: