Friday, September 10, 2010

Thankful on Sept. 9, 2010

Today I am thankful that Iver is well and happy and making the most of his detour through Moses Lake. I laid awake most of Monday night, thinking of him, worrying for him, convinced (as I am very prone to do to myself) that something was wrong. It was a great relief on Tuesday morning, when I happened to be on the computer at the same time as him (and able to have a brief email-back-and-forth chat) and he said, "Thanks for praying for me. I'm doing good! It's rainy here and gray, and it's easy to be thinking about Mexico...maybe that's why you were worried." He's OK, and I'm very grateful.

I am also thankful that Shakira survived her first college flipping-over-the-handlebars bike crash without being hurt beyond just sore. Whew. Also glad I didn't know about it until the evening, as the psychotic mommy in me would have immediately driven to Ft. Collins upon hearing the news.

And Corbin has this wonderful stubbly beard going on right now...with little bits of silver catching the light. So sexy. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment